- "Post-haste!" I said this to a waitress two years ago and Tiffany nearly laughed herself to death. I still say it, along with other archaic phrases that I've assimilated over the years from books, BBC productions, and Masterpiece Theater.
- "That’s So Ginchy!" I know it’s from the 50s. Isn’t it enough that I want my house to look like the 50s? Do I have to speak like it too?
- "Don’t Get Me Started. Don’t even get me started." Molly Shannon had a reoccurring character on SNL once called “Jeannie Darcy.” Darcy was a very bad, overly rehearsed, nearly monotone, female standup comedian that was stuck in 1990. She wore a bolo tie, oversized sparkly coat, and spiky hair ala mullet. Just like our own Lisa V.C., Jeannie also had an extremely inappropriate appearance at a nursing home.
Thank you. Hi, folks. I'm Jeannie Darcy. Hey, is it me or is it cold enough to
hang meat in here? Don't get me started. I'm a little cranky today. It must be PMS. Ladies, I get it so bad, I don't have periods. I have exclamation points.
Don't get me started. Do not get me started.
- “This Stinks! This is totally Bogus!” Uttered by one of my favorite supporting characters on a sit-com ever, Bob ‘Bulldog’ Briscoe from Frasier. It’s his signature phrase and it makes me laugh so hard. I say it to amuse myself and apparently no one else…
- “Fruhk-tose.” So obscure, that no one is going to get this one. If you do, then we can totally be friends.
- “I love lamp!”
- “I’ve made a huge mistake.”
- “You should watch Arrested Development.” I say this a lot. However, it must come out of my mouth sounding like “Schweegle nozzle harry bots” because people aren’t watching Arrested Development and now it might go off the air for a very long time.
Monday, January 09, 2006
Posted by Carina at 1/09/2006 12:10:00 AM