I’m supposed to go to a fancy startup conference this Friday for women. I’m going to be representing my favorite online marketing company, OrangeSoda. I’m not usually too big about going to conferences unless I’m speaking—and let’s face it, I’d give a speech at the opening of a bag of chips. This time I’m going to network and preach the gospel of Startup-dom.
Who dares me to bring my baby in a sling?
What if it's a fancy sling?
Better question: should we dress head to toe in orange?
Here's my reasoning for baby in sling:
1. It’s a novelty to have a baby at a conference
2. It will help people remember us
3. OrangeSoda gets cool points for being the flexible employer with phat mom cred
1. Jealous women that their company isn't as cool as OrangeSoda
2. Catfights could ensue over the affections of smooshable Proximo
3. Possibly unprofessional?
4. Crying baby might be distraction
Oh, add two more to Pro column:
4. If baby cries you can excuse yourself from the meeting
5. He hardly ever cries
What say ye?