I promised to answer all questions in my last post and Deby asked me to do 7 truths about myself. What? Talk about myself? If you insist.
- I have an irrational fear of breaking my ribs--- My mom fell in the shower against the side of the tub and broke some ribs once. She kept calling the kids to come help her, and we kept saying “WHAT?” We were forbidden from saying “WHAT?” when somebody called for a long time. Now, I think to myself every time I step into the shower, “Don’t fall. Don’t break a rib. Don’t break a rib.” I will sometimes repeat the same mantra when I walk near the coffee table or other hard, low surface.
- Going to work sometimes feels like I’m going to scout camp--- Did I earn a merit badge today? No, but I did throw a peanut at N-All that went down his shirt (nothing but net!) He had to shake it out; it looked a lot like he was walking it out. Later, we all learned how to do a bow-hitch. They broke out the duct tape and some marshmallows, which I took as my cue to leave.
- If I could always wear four inch heels, I totally would.
- I am bad at returning messages lately--- I’m sorry if you were one of the casualties. I always seem to remember I need to do something at 1 in the morning. Is it socially acceptable to return calls when I remember to do so? My apologies in advance if I call you at 2:30am—but hey, you called me first!
- I feel guilty if I put Proximo into the play-pen that Other Half set-up.
- Other Half and I can’t go to bed at the same time otherwise we will talk forever and not sleep (bad since he has to teach the Future of America in the morning.)
- My wrists are exhibiting carpal tunnel type symptoms--- I had a huge project due at work where I did some serious screen time. I’m constantly lifting little items, 18 pound babies, and stressing my wrists throughout the day. I need to take a break for a couple days. See you next week.