I've been so busy (how busy) that I haven't had enough time to blog! It couldn't be that I'm having problems coming up with something to write about, or that I'm stressed at work, or making something for the Nie auction, nope, it's that I'm busy! I'm scurrying to and fro, so busy, like some sort of woodland creature, but I'm too busy to pick which kind, so let's just say busy! I'm SO busy that I think I need to make today's post into bullet points for more efficient reading and built-in categorization.
- Day 5,000 of me making Soviet references at work passed today. For the count: I banged my shoe on the table once, and made two Five Year Plan jokes. Dead air. I will never learn.
- Another colleague found out that they are allowed to curse around me. I feel so happy that I'm able to provide them with a soft space to make such foul-mouthed remarks. I truly don't mind if you curse in front of me, I just ask that you do it well and with panache. Don't be lazy in your cursing, because that's boring (and makes you look brutish.)
- Even after the colleague indicated that I could swear as well, I didn't. Whoa. I tried to and the word just wouldn't come out of my mouth. It looks like trying not to cuss out loud for the past months actually worked. Hmm. I feel...good about this?
- The biggest problem with me making a bag for the Nie auction is that I get completely carried away with where this will take me. I'm sewing the bag and all of a sudden the person who buys it is walking down the street and people start gasping and pointing because they all want one as well. They absolutely have to have the name of the designer. I'm inundated with requests to make more, more, more and I have to start looking at outsourcing. The fame is dizzying but I'm handling it really well. I'm so grounded, yet fabulous. I'm guesting on Project Runway to host the challenge and special guest judge. And that's how I end up looking up Chinese factories online, troubleshooting outsourcing, and designing my label, all before I've even fused the interfacing and cut out the lining.
- Oh, would you look at that? It's almost 10:30, time for me to start sewing again or Project Runway is never going to call.