Friday, April 09, 2010
Happy birthday to Proximo, who turned three last week.
Can you believe it?
You might remember how I was a medical mystery because he didn't want to vacate the premises.
A week later I dropped the first hint that I had post-partum depression (that didn't go away for a year.)
He made me give up chocolate.
I got annoyed when he smelled like other women.
How about the time his brother put shampoo in his eyes and salt on his head?
The bloody gore post when his sliced thumb was documented--WHAT? I told you it was bloody.
Or that time last year when he turned two.
And had a story told about him.
Some things you should know about Proximo:
1. He will eat you under the table. EG will have half a serving of dinner. I will have one. Daddy will have two. Proximo will have seven. That is not hyperbole.
2. He has a loving heart. His Tio gave him a foam sword for his birthday. "Go ahead," said Tio, "Hit someone with it!"
"But," said Proximo, his eyes brimming up, "I don't want to hit anyone!" and he cast aside the sword. And then turned it into a plowshare--who knew he was a blacksmith!?
3. He is not a blacksmith.
4. He will call me on the phone and ask me to make pasta and chicken for dinner, and demand that I come home and snuggle him. Truly. A phone call asking when I can get to him to snuggle.
5. He tried to fix the deck all by himself with Elmer's Glue today. Yup.
6. He is Felix to EG's Oscar. He gets bent out of shape when things are not put back where they belong. Our home will be a hard place for him to live.
7. We like him a lot and have had his contract re-upped for another year.